Pancake day recipes Posted On 16 February 2021
It’s Pancake day! Which means across the UK people will be flipping their frying pans trying to create the perfect crepe…
Ah, Pancake day! A day everyone loves! The perfect excuse to eat those lovely, sweet or savoury, thick or thin, treats that are so simple to make… The beauty of pancakes is that you can try out virtually any topping to your own personal taste, the tricky part is getting perfect crepes though…
- 100g plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 300ml milk
- 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil, plus a little extra for frying
- Put 100g plain flour, 2 large eggs, 300ml milk, 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil and a pinch of salt into a bowl or large jug, then whisk to a smooth batter.
- Set a medium frying pan or crêpe pan over a medium heat and carefully wipe it with some oiled kitchen paper.
- When hot, cook your pancakes for 1 min on each side until golden, keeping them warm in a low oven as you go.
- Caster sugar and lemon
- Orange and cinnamon
- Marshmallows, crushed digestives and chocolate sauce
- Salted caramel sauce and banana
- Strawberries and cream